We absolutely LOVE seeing great photography on our Independent Brand Marketplace. We know that our shoppers get inspired by beautiful imagery, plus it helps to build your brand identity and emphasizes how amazing your product is, too.
Whether it’s indoors or outdoors, on location or in a studio, the best place to shoot your imagery is totally up to you. We do have a few things you need to think about before snapping though.
Please don’t use:
- Stark lighting: We want your shots to look as real as possible – try to shoot in natural light or, if you have to lift the shots, keep any artificial lighting as natural-looking as possible
- Too much editing: Don’t over retouch or add harsh filters, borders or watermarks to your shots. We also don’t allow collages – images should contain only one shot
- Flat shots, pack shots or mannequin shots: Items must always be shot on a model.* Please don’t upload shots featuring more than one model, too
- Images which don’t make it clear what is being sold: For example, when shooting jewelry please don’t stack/layer items – it must be explicitly clear which item is up for grabs in your listing
- Someone else’s imagery: You must own the shots you upload to your boutique – we don’t allow stock imagery/imagery from suppliers on the Sellers Marketplace, even if you have purchased the rights to use the images
- Black and white images
- Catwalk shots.
*If you’re selling stationery, items do not need to be shot on a model but everything else above should be followed. The same applies to earrings: for hygiene reasons (if you only have one pair) these can be shot in the palm of your hand.
The Marketplace team check new listings daily – if any listings are found which don’t follow the above, we’ll need to remove them from the site while you make a few changes.
Image sizes and extra details:
- Product images: You can upload five portrait images per product listing. Try to use the shots to showcase all the details of the product you’re selling. The size for these images is 870x1262px
- Boutique storefront: Your storefront image should represent your boutique and brand – a strong, seasonally relevant will make the most impact. The size for your storefront is 490x355px
- Boutique logo: Your logo should be 310x169px.